1. THE MAIL MOMENT Direct mail enters an individual’s home and is consumed on a one-to-one basis. This gives you much more time with your customer, time to engage them in a relaxed environment at a time of their choosing.
2. SENSORY EXPERIENCE The physicality of a mailing adds another dimension to the brand experience. Using your customers’ senses, you can stimulate and entertain, getting them to reassess your brand and drive response.
3. PRECISION TARGETING Direct marketing works best when it’s made relevant for the recipient, with tailor-made content appealing directly to the consumer. New digital printing technology can make this personalisation even easier.
4. MAKE PEOPLE ACT Direct mail is the most likely form of communication to get a response from a customer, with the cost of every response measured with accuracy. As it’s a tangible object, DM is also likely to hang around.
5. EFFECTIVENESS Reports have demonstrated the enduring effectiveness of direct mail, with the Direct Mail Association stating 65% of consumers of all ages have made a purchase as a result of direct mail.
6. GET CREATIVE Direct mail is unique in that mailings can be produced in a wide variety of formats, using different shapes, sizes, colours and materials to create a surprising and memorable brand experience that will stay in the home for weeks and even months.
7. INTEGRATION Adding direct mail to an integrated campaign can raise the campaign’s effectiveness by up to 62% (BrandScience), while bridging technologies such as QR codes and augmented reality make it simple for consumers to go from print to digital.